Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

It was a happy Father's Day.

First, we spent a few hours with my father just hanging out and visiting with himfor Father's day . It's always fun there, the kids are in and out, a sister lives next door and she is in and out. Everybody goes in and out 100 times, sometimes by their self, sometimes 2 or 3 go out together. Then they come back in, sit a while, pass a few jokes and laughs, and go back out. I don't know what all the action is outside. The only reason I go outside is if my cell phone rings, or if I go over to my sisters for a minute and then back out, or if I have to go to the truck for something. And then I am back inside.

Larry had to work, so me and the kids met him when he got off work at Ryan's to eat an early Sunday Supper for Father's Day -a nice steak, baked potato, veggies, hot rolls, and dessert of your choice. Sorry-a blurry fuzzy picture. But the food was good. I was gone to the restroom and took this picture on my way back.Then to his favorite store... a man's store....to him this store is a mall. Something there for everything he needs == clothes, shoes, sporting items, cooking items, household items... His favorite store is Bass Pro........

After a short shopping spree there, we said our goodbyes and we all split up and went our separate ways home for the evening.

This is the long road back to the wilderness!!!

gin

6 comments:

Ginger said...

It sounds like you enjoyed yourself. My hubby likes Bass Pro too.
I love that road back to your place. Great picture.

Pegi said...

Although the temps in Louisiana were HOT - - it still offered a beautiful day for celebration. Ya'll's drive home to the 'wilderness' looks so peaceful.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Sounds like you had a great day Sunday, I am so glad you got to visit with your Father. I love the picture of your drive to the wilderness best. It looks like my kind of drive.
Molly

Mary Ellen said...

Men LOVE Bass Pro Shops! Unfortunately, there aren't any up here in Maine.

SmilingSally said...

That's my son-in-law's favorite store too!

Yarni Gras! said...

omygosh, Dean LOVES that store too! haha!


About Me

My photo
. . . happy life, happy wife, mom and maw-maw, a heart for family fur babies, a sister to many, a daughter, and a child of the King. I love outdoors and doing a little sewing, crafting and making a house a home.

Things I Like

  • Family, home, friends
  • Romantic, vintage stuff
  • Big Mac
  • Sewing, quilting, digital scrapbooking
  • Louisiana

Blog Archive